Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Strategic Planning


Ah, sweet relief is all I feel as I begin my first attempt at blogging about the joys and pains of mommy hood. I have been contemplating the idea of starting a blog for awhile now, actually even before my little man was born. So finally, without further ado...my journey into Mommy's Little Blog begins.

Mommy-hood has its special challenges, as I try to set up my laptop strategically at my recliner while baby swings in my left arm, patiently waiting for me to plop down, expose my breast and resume his feeding. As, I set the laptop up, I realize essentials are nowhere to be found and off with baby in tow, I grab my bottle of water, a bag of chips, the phone, the TV remotes and Boppy before little man starts to squeal that he's hungry. Social Services might be appalled if they saw me, hmmm maybe I shouldn't be posting this stuff?

Finally, I settle into the recliner. Place Boppy into wrap around position (all the while holding little man) I lift my shirt, undo my nursing bra and take one last look around to make sure everything is in arm's reach. To my left is TV remotes, phone and chips. On my right is my laptop and bottle of water. With my right hand, I quickly turn the laptop on and start its connection. Once this is started, I latch little man onto the breast and get cozy...careful to peer into his eyes as he nurses. (Sometimes, I feel guilty, nursing and surfing the net at the same time...so I make every effort possible to let him know I am not ignoring him) He is so forgiving.

Okay, so where was I? Connecting to the Internet. At least that's what the icon says is taking place. I wait and nothing. Another five minutes go by and I reconnect, this continues for over twenty minutes, sometimes I get lucky, other times I get frustrated and restart the computer- continuously until I do get lucky....either way by the time I do get online, its time to change the little man's diaper or burp him or play with him or give him a nap. Needless to say, its never time for me to blog.
But tonight I have persevered!

I was able to get my sweetie to fall back asleep after nursing and shamelessly, I'm secretly hoping for a repeat session tomorrow night minus all the strategic planning (but that's wishful thinking).

Mommy-hood is Everything I hoped for and
Nothing I expected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it! welcome to blogosphere. enjoy:)