Friday, September 5, 2008

A small Hurricane update

I thought I would give everyone a quick update- the tropical storm/hurricane is estimated to make landfall in south of Myrtle Beach, which is where we live. It is only supposed to have sustained winds of 65-75 mile per hour as of 6 p.m.
I was able to work today, even though rain began early this morning. By 2 p.m. the humidity level was rising and you could feel that low pressure that occurs during hurricanes. It's a strange feeling, but I promise once you've been through a hurricane you start to sense it, probably somewhat like right before a tornado.

Speaking of which, we have a tornado watch in effect for the rest of the night and into the early morning. I think that's the worse, is you have this one thing going on that you are worried about and then on top of it you get another thing to worry about. Great! At least Bryan will be home tonight and as it makes landfall! That's a huge relief. We decided to order pizza and rent a movie, hoping the power doesn't go out until after midnight.

Right now it's getting darker and the wind is starting to pick up. I'll be sure to update again tonight before it hits or in the morning...that is if the power doesn't go off!

Oh and let's really say a prayer for Florida- as Ike approaches. Hopefully, it will downgrade even more! (My brother and his family live in Orlando and my mom and sister will be visiting there NEXT week!)

No comments: