Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two for Tuesday

We did it. We fed the little man his first solid foods. Yup, I said it. So go ahead and flame me now.


Wanna know what his first tastes, were? Avocados. In all honesty, he has actually been eating rice cereal for about 2 weeks now. I know, but listen he was ready...sometimes ya just know. If you don't believe me just take a closer look at that face. Of course, it looks like most of it landed everywhere except in his mouth. Hey, it's the experience that counts. Up next, oatmeal cereal.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like he enjoyed the avocados! He looks like he was eager, so I think your mommy instincts were right on in starting him now. :-)

C. Beth said...

You evil, evil mother! ;-) Seriously, I'm glad you're having fun with it and clearly he is too!! Solids aren't that fun to me but I do find myself starting to get excited as the time comes. Eli doesn't seem interested in our food yet so he may be slow warming up to solids, just as Ana was. We'll see.

Bonsack Baptist Preschool Consignment Sale said...

That makes me wonder-how did we ever survive with our parents feeding us solids at 1 1/2 mos!!! I have a picture of me holding an actual doughnut at about 7 mos!! Probably why I am such the sweet tooth now.
Emily like avocados at first-not now though!!!

Mommy Vern said...

Don't let the camera fool you, he had some weird faces, too! So far I think he is trying to figure out the new texture.

I'm hoping he will continue liking avocados because I love them and its such an easy food (especially since Bryan works in a Mexican restaurant!)

Oh, and I definitely get the annoying factor of feedings, they take so much time- we have only been able to work up to 2 a day (but, usually it is only 1 if that!) I'll probably keep it that for now.