Friday, July 18, 2008

Do I Blog or Do I Sleep?

I have been seriously slacking on my blog!! What, you say...you haven't noticed? Well, for starters I haven't added any pictures in ages! What is up with that? And I've been relatively boring, too.

Tonight, I was planning to change all of that and get busy blogging one of the many drafts I have started, but decided "Aye, I'll just finish this a little bit later when I have more time to devote to it." But, once again I have let myself down. Equally disappointing in the past couple of weeks, I have forgotten the numerous potential blogs I feverishly type in my head as Garrett, I, Bryan or the dogs do something interesting that I think, "Now, that's definitely something worth sharing!" I could so kick myself. On top of all this, mother has come to visit and at last I am to entertain. Decisions abound, do I blog or do I sleep? Mercy me.

Like I said my mom is here. Yep. Before, I continue I would like to state for the record that we love mom being here and have a great time when she is here....

But, and this is a big BUT, she has.....

(You're not reading this are you, mom?)

That was a close call.

Ok, dare I type it?

I think I must.

Here goes.

QUIRKS.

They're really minor. Not really worth mentioning. Small and insignificant, the kind that truly just make her who she is. I'm going to list a couple of them anyway just for fun. All in good fun. She won't mind a bit, she'll get a kick out of them. Really. She will. Trust me. Ok, here goes.
.
.
.
Hmmm, that's funny....and kinda strange. I started to list all these quirks and believe me she HAS some, when I thought about whether or not I will have quirks that drive Garrett bonkers as well. And then IT hit me. I, sure the heck hope not. I mean, me...how could he find quirks in me, his mother. The person who gave birth to him and nurtured and cared for him every single day of his life. Won't this child know how I would give him the shirt off my back? No, not my Garrett. He would never think his mother was quirky or had quirks. Most certainly not.

And just like that, in a split second, all my mother's little quirks escaped me.

Mom, you better thank Garrett.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

What a SWEET post. :)

And of course I have no quirks. None whatsoever. I know that Ana and Eli will have nothing but glowing praise for me in the future.

Yeah, right!

Shannon said...

Your post is very thought provoking. I wonder about my quirks that Annika may one day be blogging about....