Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Full Circle.

Boy, is it pouring the rain! I'm almost afraid to type, since there is thunder involved. I am on my laptop, so perhaps it would hit the computer upstairs first? Wishful thinking. Oh well, what the heck, here goes. This rainstorm reminds me of last summer, it was in August and it was coming down like this...except there was massive wind with it and we lost our huge tree out back as a result. The very tip of the tree landed right in the neighbor's pool and took out half our fence in the process. We were lucky that it decided to fall in the opposite direction of the house! I remember waking that night from a huge boom and looking out the sliding glass door. The tree was taking up a good 1/3 of our backyard. The next day, the news reported that a small tornado had touched down in the area.

Yet, even with news like that, the most memorable part was that I found out I was pregnant with Garrett the next morning. It's funny though because in my heart I already knew I was pregnant when I saw that tree laying in our yard. I thought about the baby as I looked at that old tree as the lightning streaked the sky and the rain pounded the window. It was an unusual night because it reminded me of my papaw and our porch sitting days when a storm came. What's even more interesting is that Garrett was due on my grandfather's birthday. April 19th. Garrett didn't make that date, but he sure does remind me of him when he looks up at me with those big brown eyes.

No comments: