Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Almost 3 months old

Say what? Is that actually possible? Our little man will be 3 months old in a week and a half! Here's some of what he has been accomplishing and a couple of things he is having issues with these days:

  • He has found his hands- he waves them in front of him for hours on end. He has also learned to grab items in front of him, he tries to bring them to his mouth, but is still having issues actually getting them there.

  • He has also been holding his head up for about 10-15 minutes during tummy time- he's definitely going longer each day, the first time he did it was a little over a month ago...here's some photos from then and now- look how he's pushing up with his feet! (The first two are the older ones) He is also rolling over and turning himself (he's been doing that for about a month as well, he's just getting much better at it!) I know everyone says this but I think he will crawl earlier than most babies.






  • He is cooing, giggling (its a short squeal more or less) and making some conversations- mornings seem to be his favorite time of the day for activity. He continues his assortment of facial expressions, except now they seem more controlled.

  • He loves to listen to music or singing, especially Daddy and Mommy. Today, he enjoyed Big Head Todd and the Monsters. And he is absolutely amazed by his mobile that Aunt J bought for him.
  • He continues to watch television! (This appalls me)
  • He is TEETHING already! He has had 2 small knots on his gums since birth and I think these may be teeth budding through- he has periods where he blows bubbles, runs a small fever and seems overly fussy. To top it off he will take the pacifier and CHEW on it, if I don't give him that, he chews on his tongue! I know it's teething too because this is THE ONLY TIME he'll take the paci, he refuses ant other time I try to give him one.
  • He is trying to suck on his thumb again too, sometimes he misses and just uses his hand or arm though!
  • We are still having an issue with him going to sleep on his own, the only time he does is when he is in the car and either this occurs because he can't fight the motion or he cries himself to sleep. Otherwise, I have to lay down with him and either coax him to sleep or nurse him to sleep-but even with this it's tricky because the boy sleeps with his eyes partially open!! I guess he's afraid he'll miss something! (FYI, Bryan did this when he was little, too)

Today, for all of 5 minutes I let him cry, hoping he might put himself to sleep. Finally,I caved in and picked him up and decided I would let him fall asleep nursing in my arms as I tried to type this blog. And of course, he fell asleep in about 2 minutes. Yet, I have to be careful because trying to move him and lay him down without waking him is nearly impossible! So I keep on typing one handed for awhile, its a pain staking process with tons of errors along the way, but I don't mind it if it means I have a HAPPY BABY! Plus, he is so sweet sleeping, how could I resist holding him?

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog! I'm enjoying checking out yours too. Kudos to Garrett! I need to do more tummy time with Eli; he doesn't care for it at all. Sigh.... And the teething thing cracks me up; there is such a wide range of "normal" for that. My daughter didn't cut her first tooth until the day before she turned 11 months!