Sunday, June 15, 2008

ME TIME on Father's Day? Eeek...

Okay, I know that doesn't seem fair, but its only for this morning. And well frankly it doesn't happen quite as much as I would like anymore. I know, I know that's what I signed up for when we chose to have a baby, but sometimes its exhausting trying to make that little bit of time for yourself and in the process you wind up with no time. Don't even get me started on 'we' time, because that my friend has almost seized to exist.

Today, I'm going to try to make 4 things happen:

1. Have ME TIME.
2. Have family time.
3. Have 'WE' time.
4. And give Bryan all 3 as well. (This is part of my father's day gift to him)

So where does 'me' time fit in with a baby? Not much of anywhere, really...unless you get creative that is. And fore go some sleep perhaps. That's what I've done this morning. I went to bed late last night (2 am). It's habitual, when Bryan works until 11:30 and 12:30 at night, plus Garrett chooses not to sleep during the day and waits until 8-9pm before he conks out...so its late at night is my prime 'me' time. Now, don't get me wrong his sleeping pattern is heaven, quite frankly from what I hear- since he sleeps pretty soundly all night until about 4 to 6 am. He'll stir a bit here and there, but since he sleeps with us...I rarely 'truly' wake up until at least 4 .

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, me time- so in the mornings I have a small window that consists of either going back to sleep at 6-7ish until about 9 or 10 am OR I can get up and do my own thing- translation ME TIME!!! This morning abate the only 5 hours of sleep I chose the ME TIME. Now, what this means, is sending messages to friends, checking emails, scrap booking when I can get the time in, working my photo books, blogging, showering and even housework. That's a lot to cram into 2-3 hours, huh? Well, usually I limit it to just 2 things, I'm not that proficient at multitasking, not yet anyway.

This morning, if time permits, I am off to the grocery store to get items for my planned breakfast and dinner I'm making Bryan in honor of Father's Day. I wish I was giving him more, but since I only recently went back to work, the funds they are low.

When I take this morning opportunities, I usually check in on my guys to make sure everything is okay...sometimes Garrett stirs if I'm not around. (This morning, from the advice of my brother, I took my shirt and placed it beside Garrett on my pillow) Supposedly, the scent will help them sleep. Well, when I went in to check on my guys...this is what I found:




Garrett had scooted and wedged himself up against his daddy. Now isn't that the perfect Father's Day picture! Aren't they so sweet!?

With that said, I hear my guys stirring downstairs....so I think MY TIME is just about to end. No worries, its been a VERY good morning, both for memory making and to help me appreciate the little things in life; like listening to the bird's chirping and knowing that each day is a new beginning.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I swear that blog on our trip home is around the corner.

No comments: