Saturday, June 14, 2008

I DE-CLARE!

Sheesh....what a day! I am having one of those days in which I just can't seem to get anything accomplished. I have one million things running through my head that I want to do and I can't catch up! Doggone it! (is that even a word?) I am determined to at least write while little man is down for the count.

I ended my last post thinking I would pick back up with our trip and well I do intend to talk about, but with the million things running through my head, I thought it would be rather cute to show the resemblance between Bryan and Garrett as opposed to the similarities between Garrett and I. While back home, we ran across Bryan's baby picture from the hospital when he was born and it's shocking how much they look alike!! We found all kinds of goodies at Bryan's parents' house (everything from old 'love' letters to his blankie as a baby!) The old love letters were tossed after a few memories were joggled and his blankie is off to being repaired so that it might be used by Garrett too. We found old photos, a baby book and tons of stuff from Bryan's Appalachian hiking days. We actually waited to go through everything once we got home, since we found everything tucked nicely away in an old trunk about an hour before we were leaving to return to home.

So anyway, before I go on about our trip let's get this comparison out of the way!! (See I have a million thoughts going on....) Here is Garrett's hospital picture compared to me (on the left) and Bryan (on the right):




I think the only thing similar to me is his ears and nose! Otherwise, I think he's the spitting image of his father! Oh and get this, while browsing through all those goodies we found in the trunk was Bryan's birth stats! I had wanted these from the day I found out I was pregnant! Garrett was only 2 ounces and 1/4 inch from being the exact same size as his daddy!

Looks as if the trip is going to have to wait after all. Garrett's awake. Oh, how I am at his beck and call.

No comments: