Sunday, June 22, 2008

Penny Pinching

Sheesh! I almost lost it on that last post! It took me nearly all day (weaving in and out between Garrett's feedings and my other tasks, to finally get the editing correct! I was at my wit's end and almost set up a new blog over at Wordpress. Ok, I actually did...but then decided I liked Blogger's format a bit better and that with baby, I didn't have time to learn the 'extra features' they offer. And such is life these days...

Well, that's not exactly true. Because, today I went to Ulta with my $50 gift certificate in hand, courteous of my dear dear husband and bought myself things that I most likely wouldn't buy myself in the next year. So no laughing, here's my list:

1. L'oreal Feria Shimmering Color
2. Bamboo Foundation Brush
3. Friction Free Round Brush
4. Weather Works Shampoo, Conditioner & Styling Creme
5. Five different headbands!!
6. Maybelline Quad Eye shadow in Chai Latte
7. Rimmel London Lipliner in Spice

I know, with all that ULTA has to offer in products, I choose WHAT? But, I am very happy with my choices and besides I S-TRE---TCH--ED that $50 way out!

Speaking of saving moolah, last night I ordered some baby products from the website http://www.diapers.com/. A friend of mine, highly recommended it to me. It totes free shipping for purchases over $50. I hadn't given it much thought until I saw an ad in one of my baby magazines giving $10 off your first purchase from the site. So after checking on Target for travel storage caps, I decided to make a comparison in price at the diapers site.

What'daya know! http://www.diapers.com/ is much cheaper on the travel storage caps and a few other things...just take a look for yourself, here's the product and the prices:





Target - $7.99

Diapers site- $1.99


Now that's a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! That's an insanely huge difference!

From now on, if it isn't clothing or some type of linen it isn't going to be purchased at Target. Especially if its it for Garrett.

Here's the list of goodies from http://www.diapers.com/ and I am so excited to try them out and give a full product review! :) I can't believe how excited I am to receive these in the mail!

1. Dr. Brown's Storage Caps (2 packs)
2. Earth's Best 1st Foods Starter Kit Fruit - 12pk
3. Earth's Best Rice Cereal 8 oz
4. gDiapers Starter Kit - Earth-friendly hybrid diaper
5. NATURE BABYCARE Diapers - Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers

And believe me, even without a product review I have lots and lots to say about these other items!!

No comments: