Friday, June 13, 2008

*You're gonna miss this*

*Song by Trace Adkins*

I have been meaning to post for over a week now, but with Garrett's check-up to traveling home and now dealing with a bad back (*again) and returning to work...I just haven't had the chance. This left me with a small dilemma, what do I post about since so many things have taken place! Therefore, I will start in order of our madness and go from there. At least, this blog won't be with a loss of words for the next few weeks!

With that said, Garrett's two month check up last Wednesday set into motion our busy lives and I feel as if this was the beginning of true 'family life'. Not that the last two months haven't felt or been 'family' in my mind, I think life for us has simply occurred in slow motion up until now. Kinda like a daydream. And those words we had heard over and over during the last two months: 'Enjoy this time now, because it goes so fast,' have suddenly sank in. Garrett is slowly losing his newborn look and gaining that chubby baby appeal and it actually saddens me. What's more strange is that I have found myself envying pregnant women and those who have just given birth! How insane is that? But, again...now I understand where certain comments or thoughts about these times come from. I guess it's normal to feel this way and miss the tiny baby he was. One day, I imagine I will miss even much more then this. :(

As I had said, last Wednesday was his two month appointment, which meant a great deal of things- for one it meant that we would see how much he has grown since his birth and it also meant the beginning of his shots and a long trip home to visit family. That's why I think it was the beginning to our journey as a family.

When Garrett was born he weighed 7 lbs 1.2 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long with a head circumference of 14 inches. Last Wednesday, he weighed 10 lbs 5 ounces and was 23 1/2 inches long with a head circumference of 15 3/4 inches. The boy is definitely growing!!! I think he's at least 12 lbs now!

It makes me proud to know that his growth is a testament of his mother's milk, no substitutions...all from me. That my friend, is an amazing feeling....no an unbelievable awesome feeling.

We decided that with the recent uproar about autism and immunizations that we would give Garrett an alternative schedule than what is recommended. This schedule ensures he will receive his shots, just a bit behind that of his peers. I found this schedule from my SIL, this particular doctor is actually my niece's pediatrician. The schedule and an explanation of it can be found at The Franz Center (http://www.franzcenter.com/)under the link, New Information. With this schedule he only gets 2 shots at each checkup opposed to 4. I couldn't imagine, poor little guy seemed to have had enough with just 2. His doctor was really cool about it too, which was a huge relief.

After we completed his check up, we piled into the car and were almost set for our visit home...

No comments: