Friday, August 29, 2008

Give me SIX WORDS, my pretty.

I frequent a few blogs, comment as much as possible on many of them and even subscribe to a few. Usually, the ones I read offer up for grabs a part of me I had once forgotten about. I find my voice inside so many other folks and other times I think of things in a completely new light, it simply reassures me of how alike (yet different) we all are. I hope you have the warm fuzzies now. I for one, like that feeling.

So anywho, as I was reading Erin's blog Some Kind of Wonderland, (formerly known as This is Life), I was indirectly challenged to come up with a S-I-X word memoir. Six words as in 6 little words. I can barely write a sentence that has only 6 words. For that matter, I can't even do that it seems. At least not a good sentence. (I did it, did ya see that?)

Well, I truly thought that it would be much harder than it turned out to be, not that it came to me in a matter of minutes or anything- but, it lingered and found itself at the tip of my tongue and ready to emerge by midnight last night. It may have arrived through sheer luck or perhaps even more so by the obvious.

As a disclaimer- I reserve the right to reword this every few months.

Must have chocolate now or else.

Just KIDDING. Kinda.

Here's my small attempt at defining myself:

Drool Inspired Humanitarian Artist / Wife / Mother.

(I couldn't decide on a photo, I wanted something new...oh well, this captures my spirit and I was pregnant when this was taken, too.)

Ok, the deal is this:

YOU (i.e., if you're reading this, that means you) I know I have more than 3 1/2 readers and would really LOVE to hear what you have to say about yourselves. So please do me a HUGE FAVOR and post your memoir as a comment. Pretty peas. What better way for us to officially get to know one another! YOU also represents Carol Beth, Becky, and Sarah.

As with everything, there are rules.

Rules:

  1. Write a six word memoir.
  2. Post it to your blog, maybe with a pic.
  3. Link to the person who tagged you.
  4. Tag a few folks.
  5. Leave a comment for them with an invite to play.

Now what are ya'll still doing here? Go get in your think tanks!

5 comments:

C. Beth said...

I will do this!! Not this minute but I'll be mulling it over and will try to post on it this weekend. Fun! Yours is great! "Drool Inspired"--good stuff.

Mommy Vern said...

Yah! I can't wait to read it. But, I wanted to make sure anyone else who stumbles upon it realizes, that if you have a blog you should post it there not here. Just wanted to be clear. :)

Becky said...

You're gonna make me THINK after a long three-day weekend, are you? LOL - but I will take up the challenge!

Mommy Vern said...

Becky...I'll be waiting! Check out Beth's and Erin's for inspiration!

Erin said...

Very nice, very nice.

And too reserve the right to change my memoir every so often. Weekly, hourly.