Saturday, August 30, 2008

Who's ready for some pigskin?

Today was the opening of the college football season (in case you weren't aware). I'm a guy's girl all the way. I love the fall and I love college football. Although, I'm not so much a lover of the NFL or other major league sports. I am strictly a lover of college sports.

I'm not really for sure where the love comes from, maybe it was the camaraderie my father and I found watching VA Tech throughout the years together. Or maybe it was because of the sheer fact that I chose to go to one of the only universities (sporting some 25,000 students in total) that doesn't boast a football team. I had to make up for it somehow, right? (As luck would have it 6 years after my graduation they are due a team of their own. Woo-hoo!) Which brings to mind that I will have 3 official college football teams to cheer, rave and rant about relentlessly next season. What more could a pigskin loving gal ask for?

Perhaps, a spunky football fascinated little man? And that's exactly what we got...here's a few pics of Garrett chanting 'GO HOKIES!' and then laying back on the couch imitating his Daddy. He did a great impersonation by the way.

Unfortunately, Bryan had to work during all the season opening action, but Garrett and I were ready to cheer our teams on even if they were inexperienced and off their game. We still love ya and promise never to be fair weather fans.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love the onesie! And Garrett's impression of his daddy! It even looks like his left hand might be holding an invisible remote. :-)