Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My 3 day hiatus

I can't really say much happened in the past 3 days, except some good ol' family fun. Overall, it was kinda a 'strange' weekend. But, nonetheless, OUR weekend.

I'm absolutely unsure what was accomplished Saturday, except that I was possibly recovering from either a strep infection or an ear infection, whatever it was I was given a prescription of Amoxicillin. This now ups my total pill popping every single day to a whooping 14 pills. Don't freak out, they aren't drugs...just herbal supplements and daily vitamins. It's still a heck of a lot of pills. I'm a pill popper. Yeah Yeah Yeah. (sung to the tune of "I'm a wheel watcher") I'll explain more on my supplements another day, I promise they aren't drugs. So stop worrying already.

Bryan had Sunday and Monday off, which made it our weekend of sorts. We attempted to watch a Grateful Dead Cover band, only to realize eating food was going to be impossible with a bunch of drinking and smoking hippies. We were hoping for more of a festival type atmosphere. It was also extremely crowded, more so than we anticipated and felt Garrett probably was better off not being in that type of crowd. Therefore, we headed off to Mellow Mushrooms instead and had some groovy pizza. We were able to be psychedelic after all. ; )

(Now, you guys really think I am either a druggie or crazy. I assure you that I am neither. I promise words can be deceiving, too.)

I found out I missed going out with one of my "single non-mommy" friends last Sunday to none other than a Reagae festival on a gorgeous and not very hot day, at the Inlet. Yeah, go figure...that's what I get for me and my homebodiness.

We have changed numerous poops in our cloth diapers and are still hanging in there. You guys probably thought we had given up since I hadn't mentioned them anymore. Rest assured, we haven't and I will give a thorough rundown very, very soon. I actually believe I am addicted to cloth diapers because I want to buy more...yet the funds, they are very low.

Which brings me to my biggest reason for not posting in the last few days. I was lost pondering how to start making money without having to get a 2nd job or a first real job for that matter. I have been meaning to blog about my ideas for sometime and Carol Beth's post the other day was kind enough to remind me.

I'm just not for sure where to begin, as I have plenty-o ideas, problem is many require skill or cash. Two things I'm not exactly brimming with. That's not completely true, I just hate to announce some awesome skill and then it be little to nothing. I am cooking something up and will be 'unveiling' it shortly, hopefully in a couple of weeks. So be sure to stay tuned for my future creations. This is going to happen, I am determined to be a WAHM!! (a.k.a. Work at Home Mom)
In the meantime, I have decided to share a touching photo on Tuesdays every week. We'll see how it goes, it might just be cheesy. Of course, I do LOVE cheese! Anyway, here's my first Tuesday photo! This was taking place as I was walking out the door yesterday morning (on my way to work). Isn't that just the sweetest thing in the world and look how interested my little man is, as his Daddy reads to him the book "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" by Dr. Suess.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck with your business idea - I'm curious to see what it's about & I hope it works out for you!

I think you are raising a future bibliophile! How cute is that picture, he's so engaged in that book. I think both my kids at that age would have been considered that book nothing more than a tasty treat.

C. Beth said...

Totally sweet picture. I love cheese too.

Glad the post of my failed million dollar idea inspired you--hope you have more success than I! :)